Education and Adult learning
pedagogik och vuxnas lärande
This is the home page of Education and Adult learning, a division of the Department of Behavioural Sciences and Learning, Linköping University
Our division is mainly built upon the following three areas:
A fourth area, vocational education, is presently developing. Our focus is the conditions, processes and outcomes of adult learning, mainly in adult, popular and higher education. More than thirty teachers and researchers work with undergraduate and graduate education, research and external relations. We belong to one of the most prominent university settings in the area of adult learning worldwide.
We run and/or coordinate a number of activities, for example:
- The only folk high school teacher training programme in Sweden
- The vocational teacher training programme
- The Intercontinental Master's Programme in Adult Learning and Global Change, in cooperation between four universities in four continents
- Mimer, the national network for research on popular education ("folkbildning")
- A graduate school in adult learning
- The Centre for Adult Educators, an important part in our external relations
- The secretariat of ESREA, European Society for Research on the Education of Adults
- Host institution of the European journal for research on the education and learning of adults
- DoctoRALnet, an international network for cooperation in doctoral education and research within the field of adults learning
Our research is characterised by cooperation nationally and internationally, with researchers in for example Australia, Canada, Norway, Poland, Scotland, Germany, Kenya, Denmark.
Further information is provided via the links to the left and above
The first book ever introducing Swedish popular education in English has recently been published - Popular education, power and democracy.
Popular education research at LiU takes off
Last updated: 2013-04-04